Companies I've started and run.
Places I've worked.
- San Francisco Parent Coalition
- San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
- San Francisco Great Streets Project
- Metropolitan Planning Council
- Transportation Alternatives
- EMI Strategic Marketing
If you've sat in a plaza in NYC or a parklet in San Francisco or biked in San Francisco, you've enjoyed my work. I am intimately familiar with most roles within grasstops and grassroots nonprofits, from policy and strategy to fundraising and building membership programs. But my heart is in entrepreneurship and creative work, including creative thought.
Writing tutor, history tutor, online essay service editor (extended), bathroom cleaner, pizza joint waitress, barista, private event server and cleaner, travel writer (Let’s Go: Eastern Europe 2000 - Romania section), bank marketing intern, education department intern, birthday treat deliverer, history professor research assistant, professional choral singer.
I've been quoted or appeared in the New York Times, WNYC, the Daily Show, the San Francisco Chronicle, San Francisco Examiner, etc. I briefly wrote a regular column in amNewYork in the early 2000s and once published an op-ed in the New York Post. I far more frequently craft the messages that other people land in the media.
- I graduated magna cum laude from Harvard College, with a concentration in American History.
- I audited graduate-level classes in urban studies at Columbia University and NYU.
- I took classes at the University of Chicago during high school.
Spanish (extremely rusty), and a singer and/or traveler's understanding of Latin, German, Danish, and most Romance Languages.